- Alma Redemptoris Mater
- Ave Regina Caelorum
- Regina Caeli
- Salve Regina
- Ave Maria
- Alma Redemptoris Mater (Loving mother of our Saviour) is the hymn for the close of Compline from the first Sunday of Advent until the feast of the Presentation on Feb 2nd. This 2019 setting for unaccompanied SATB hearkens back to the golden age of renaissance polyphony with its long, flowing melismatic lines weaving together to create sumptuous harmonies.
2. Ave Regina Caelorum (Hail, O Queen of heaven enthroned) is the hymn for the close of Compline from Feb 3rd until the Wednesday of Holy Week. This 2019 setting for SSATBB enjoys building and exploring the harmonies produced by clusters, and contrasting them with more simple triadic chords.
3. Regina Caeli (Queen of Heaven) is the hymn that is sung at the end of Compline from Easter Sunday until the feast of Pentecost. This 2019 setting is for 2 antiphonal choirs, Cantoris and Decani, and is a joyous affirmation of Mary’s part in God’s plan.
4. Salve Regina (Hail, Holy Queen) is the hymn that is sung at the end of compline from Trinity Sunday until the end of the church year on the Feast of Christ the King. This 2022 setting for SSATB is full of rich colourful harmonies. It completes the cycle of settings of the four great hymns.
5. Ave Maria is the Latin translation of the ‘Hail Mary’. This 2015 unaccompanied SATB version is from ‘Many Rooms, A Processional’.